Indigenous Tourism Alberta is hiring a Project Coordinator - Apply Now!
ITA Contract Opportunity Posting
Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Indigenous Tourism Alberta
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Status: Contract Position – to March 31, 2020 with opportunity to extend
Start Date: February 2019
Indigenous Tourism Alberta (ITA) is an incorporated not-for-profit organization that provides leadership in the development and marketing of authentic Indigenous tourism experiences in Alberta. ITA’s vision is to support the development of a thriving Indigenous tourism economy that markets authentic, memorable and enriching experiences.
Our key priorities are to lead the growth and development of Alberta’s Indigenous tourism industry, develop sustainable Indigenous tourism products, and increase demand for Alberta’s Indigenous tourism experiences. Our member-based organization specifically helps Indigenous owned or controlled tourism businesses who may be independently or community owned.
The role of the contracted Project Coordinator is to administer and organize project activities under the direction and supervision of the ITA Executive Director. This position requires excellent time management and execution skills with a focus on delivering results and meeting deadlines as well as excellent communications skills within an Indigenous environment. Contract duties to include:
- Coordinate all aspects of the ITA Indigenous Tourism Summit including Indigenous community/entrepreneur outreach, planning, logistics, registration and on-site delivery of the event
- Administration of the ITA Membership Program including outreach to members and potential members, membership database and delivery of membership communications plan
- Coordinate ITA’s digital media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and website
- Liaise with Indigenous community representatives and Indigenous entrepreneurs in Alberta to engage, inform regarding ITA’s projects and programs
- Coordinate additional project activities, resources, equipment and information as needed
- Monitor to ensure ITA’s project deliverable are met through effective and targeted planning and activation
- Assist with ensuring project timeframes, schedules, tasks and budget remain on track
- Act as the point of contact for assigned projects and communicate project status adequately to all participants and to ITA Executive Director
- Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and expenditures
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Knowledge of and working experience in the tourism and travel sector
- Proven work experience in a Project Coordinator/Project Administrator role (or similar)
- Experience in event management, including planning and on-site logistics
- Involved in economic development and/or training and capacity development
- Minimum of post-secondary education in a related field
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities and Indigenous businesses in Alberta
- Familiar with Indigenous culture and protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Driven to effectively deliver projects and programs
- Solid planning and procedural skill-set
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Able to Identify issues and consider solutions for any challenges that arise
- Motivated to deliver results on-time and on-budget
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Full-Time Contract until March 31, 2020 with opportunity for extension
- Monthly fee to be negotiated based on relevant experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
This job posting is open until January 25,2019.
ITA would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.