Job Posting – ITA Project Manager
Company: Indigenous Tourism Alberta (ITA)
Location: ITA Office based in Edmonton or Calgary, AB.
Status: Full-Time Contract Position
Company Profile: Indigenous Tourism Alberta (ITA) is the provincial destination marketing organization for Indigenous tourism in Alberta.
ITA is a membership-based Indigenous-led tourism development and marketing organization. ITA encourages and promotes authentic Indigenous tourism that showcases the unique and immersive experiences offered by its members throughout our four regions; North, Central and Southern Alberta as well as the Rockies. ITA’s goal is to enhance economic viability, further engage and support our Indigenous peoples and nurture these partnerships throughout the province by sharing our stories, culture and experiences with a global audience.
ITA’s Key Priorities
- Lead the growth and development of Alberta’s Indigenous tourism industry.
- Develop sustainable market-ready and export-ready Indigenous tourism products.
- Increase demand for Alberta’s Indigenous tourism experiences.For more information, visit www.IndigenousTourismAlberta.ca
Job Description: The role of the Project Manager is to administer and organize ITA project activities in cooperation with and under the direction of ITA’s Executive Director in the areas of product development, training, marketing and memberships.
Main categories of work and responsibilities within each category:
1) Product Development
- manage the planning and delivery of ITA’s product development support program with Indigenous tourism entrepreneurs and Indigenous community leadership
- manage the planning and delivery of the annual Alberta Indigenous Tourism Summit
- work with Indigenous tourism businesses in assessing and strengthening their tourism product/ experience
- assist with logistics, operations and delivery of regional training programs
- assist with organizing partners involved in designing & delivering training programs
- manage ITA’s marketing channels including website and social media
- manage relationships with travel trade and travel media including industry events, conferences and marketplaces
- organize and deliver corporate communications including newsletters and news postings
- support the Tourism Industry Cultural Awareness Program with destination marketing and industry partners
- manage the development of marketing content and sales assets, adding new stories, photos, videos and travel trade materials of Indigenous tourism businesses
- develop and promote the Alberta Indigenous Tourism Product Guide
- support market and export-ready Indigenous tourism experiences to be included in Alberta’s national and international trade marketing opportunities
- manage member data management and reporting
- manage member relations including mail-outs and emails/calls
- manage member renewal and recruitment
General Tasks & Responsibilities:
- support ITA reporting and data collection requirements
- assist with general office responsibilities
- attend industry events on behalf of ITA
- support networking opportunities and regional participation in industry meetings and events
- 5+ years of tourism industry experience or similar
- Previous experience in economic development, business management principles and capacity development
- Previous experience in the tourism industry and tourism marketing programs
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities in Alberta, understanding of current Aboriginal issues, specifically in the area of economic development.
- Experience in project management is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and experience with Indigenous communities preferred
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized to effectively deliver projects and programs including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong planning and procedural skill-set
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Motivated to deliver results on-time and on-budget
- Ability to think strategically and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Full-time contract position
- Annual contract fee range: $60,000 to $70,000/year
- Annual contract fee to be negotiated based on relevant experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to: info@IndigenousTourismAlberta.ca (please indicate job title in the email subject line)This job posting is open until May 5th, 2020.ITA would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.