Job posting: Marketing Manager
Indigenous Tourism Alberta (ITA) is the provincial destination marketing organization for Indigenous tourism in Alberta. ITA is a membership-based Indigenous-led tourism development and marketing organization. ITA encourages and promotes authentic Indigenous tourism that showcases the unique and immersive experiences offered by its members throughout our four regions; North, Central and Southern Alberta as well as the Rockies. ITA’s goal is to enhance economic viability, further engage and support our Indigenous peoples and nurture these partnerships throughout the province by sharing our stories, culture and experiences with a global audience.
ITA’s Key Priorities
- Lead the growth and development of Alberta’s Indigenous tourism industry.
- Develop sustainable market-ready and export-ready Indigenous tourism products.
- Increase demand for Alberta’s Indigenous tourism experiences.
For more information, visit www.IndigenousTourismAlberta.ca.
The role of the Marketing Manager is to work closely with our executive staff to create and implement comprehensive policies and programs related to corporate marketing, communications and advertising. The Marketing Manager is responsible for monitoring the development of marketing support collateral and ensuring that all deadlines are met. Main categories of work and responsibilities:
- Manage ITA’s marketing channels including website and social media
- Manage relationships with travel trade and travel media including industry events, conferences and marketplaces
- Organize and deliver corporate communications including newsletters and news postings
- Support the Tourism Industry Cultural Awareness Program with destination marketing and industry partners manage the development of marketing content and sales assets, adding new stories, photos, videos and travel trade materials of Indigenous tourism businesses
- Develop and promote the Alberta Indigenous Tourism Product Guide
- Support market and export-ready Indigenous tourism experiences to be included in Alberta’s national and international trade marketing opportunities
- 5+ years of Marketing experience, preferably in tourism
- Previous experience in marketing
- Previous experience in the tourism industry and tourism marketing programs
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities in Alberta, understanding of current Aboriginal issues, specifically in the area of economic development
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and experience with Indigenous communities preferred
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized to effectively deliver projects and programs including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong planning and procedural skill-set
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Motivated to deliver results on-time and on-budget
- Ability to think strategically and develop solutions to complex problems.
*This is a 9-month contract position with potential opportunity for renewal.* Application deadline: 2020-06-26 Job Types: Full-time, Contract Benefits: Flexible Schedule Schedule: Monday to Friday Experience: Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)