Indigenous Tourism Alberta announces launch of membership - January 25, 2019
ITA is a member-based organization providing support to Indigenous tourism businesses that are independently or community owned or controlled. Membership is renewable each year. Any Indigenous person or Indigenous organization that has an interest in advancing Indigenous tourism in Alberta may apply to become an ITA Member.
The ITA Membership Program is designed to provide helpful and useful support that can help you build the success of your business through development & training, marketing and partnerships. Each membership category has specific benefits based on your level of readiness including benefits such as: access to research and studies, access to the ITA AGM, eligible for ITA training and capacity development programs, link on ITA website, eligible for ITA marketing programs and eligible to participate in media and travel trade programs.
Membership Application Process
You can apply online for your 2019-20 ITA membership or you can download and print the application form (PDF) and mail it in along with a cheque.
Go to https://indigenoustourismalberta.ca/membership/ for more information.
• ITA Voting Rights Deadline: April 1, 2019 – Apply for your FREE ITA membership before April 1, 2019 in order to have voting rights for the 2019-2020 membership year. Please note that In Development Businesses and Visitor-Ready Business categories are not eligible for voting rights.
• FREE Membership Deadline: October 1, 2019 – Apply before October 1, 2019 to be eligible to receive your FREE ITA membership for the remainder of the 2019-2020 membership year. Reminder – you must apply prior to April 1, 2019 to have voting rights for the 2019-2020 membership year if applicable.
Membership Categories & Fees
There are three categories of ITA membership. Members are asked to select the one that most closely matches their current level of business-readiness.
ITA membership is FREE until March 31, 2020.
• In Development Business (Non-Voting)
• Visitor-Ready Business (Non-Voting)
• Market-Ready or Export-Ready Business (Voting)
ITA has established key partnerships to help ITA and its members grow and strengthen their tourism businesses. These partnerships are designed to support ITA members as they work to establish or improve their tourism product. ITA welcomes the important support and industry expertise offered to ITA members from Alberta’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Travel Alberta.
For more information on ITA membership or for assistance with completing your membership application, email info@IndigenousTourismAlberta.ca